A2I Communications

Boxmail.com and subdomains to be delivered to users

Some people might have in the past used addresses in boxmail.com subdomains for website sign-ups.

This domain has now been configured that all mail arriving for boxmail.com and two levels of subdomains will be delivered to the same user on aqua-new.rahul.net.

USER@boxmail.com => USER
USER@xxx.boxmail.com => USER
USER@xxx.yyy.boxmail.com => USER

This might result in a little spam reaching you, if you have in the past used boxmail.com addresses.

But it will also give you an opportunity to remember if you ever used a boxmail.com email address to sign up at some website, and go and change that to something more current.

Eventually we will reroute boxmail.com and subdomains so no mail is accepted.

1 Like

Is boxmail expected to be failing now (01/18/2020)?

GMail can’t send to dold@gmail.boxmail.com
** Message not delivered **
Your message couldn’t be delivered to dold@gmail.boxmail.com because the remote server is misconfigured. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:
554 5.7.1 dold@gmail.boxmail.com: Relay access denied

Comcast also fails.
mailer-daemon@comcast.net
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

Being fixed shortly.

Thanks for the problem report. This was a mail system misconfiguration, now fixed.

Please double-check to make sure it’s working for you.

Comcast is able to send through.
Gmail has not arrived, but has not failed, either.

Is boxmail.com going to go away?
I used it a lot in the past, all the time for usenet posts.
I recently found a forum where I used it to register, although they haven’t sent email in a long time.
But I do need it for follow-up notification.

There are also some sites that “require a business address”.
dold@FakeCompany.boxmail.com is accepted.

I have no specific reason for discontinuing boxmail.com. Since at least one person finds it useful, it will stay for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

I had forgotten why I wrote earlier: “Eventually we will reroute boxmail.com and subdomains so no mail is accepted.”

It was because of a concern that there might be mostly spam arriving these domains.

But as Clarence mentioned, that is not actually so.

Since we aren’t receiving any noticeable amounts of spam in these domains, it does no harm, and only provides a useful type of email address, to keep them active.

Additional domains are now available, analogous to boxmail.com.

Special domains and subdomains: boxmail.com, boxmail.info, boxmail.uk, mycompany.nz.
https://info.rahul.net/hints/special_domain_boxmail.com_and_others

The complete list follows.

• boxmail.com
  • boxmail.info
  • boxmail.uk
  • mycompany.nz